Our company's video presentation
About us and Our Procedures!!
& Biography of Dr. Canaan Harris
Dr Canaan Harris was born in Cleveland, Ohio, finished high school at Benjamin Franklin High School in Philadelphia, Pa. He graduated from Hampton (Institute) University in 1970. In 1976, he graduated from Georgetown University Medical School and did his surgical training at the Medical College of Pennsylvania from 1976-77. He then completed his residency training at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia from 1977-80. From there he served as the assistant chief of otolaryngology at Wilmington Veteran Administration Hospital. After approximately one year of service he moved to Houston, Texas to begin his private practice at Westbury Hospital.
While in Houston, he has served as the Chief of Surgery at Westbury Hospital and section chief of Otolaryngology at St Joseph Hospital. He has two academic (appointments: #1 University of Texas, Houston and #2 University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, as an assistant clinical professor of otolaryngology.
He has trained extensively in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery through numerous hands on courses including a 4-5 week observation at Mt Sinai, Hospital mini fellowship through the Cosmetic Surgery Society of Texas. He spent 6 months in Birmingham, Alabama at The McCullough Plastic Surgery Center. Since has been certified in Micro vascular Surgery with clinical privileges at St Joseph Hospital.
He has, over the years, shown great interest in keloid pathology and has tried numerous techniques with mixed results. Recently, he developed a product (Keloiol) that has proven effective in the treatment of this deforming disorder with approximately > 85-90% success rate. He presently has obtained a patent on this product and now looking for ways to improve on the product and its applications.
Also, during the course of his career he has developed numerous techniques for facial plastic and reconstructive surgery (facial nevi, rhinoplasty, facial implant removal and reconstructive surgery.
Dr Harris has reached a point in his career where he is ready to provide these services to the public and eventually on an exclusive basis.
These services are as follows:
1. Rhinoplasty in the non Caucasian population is challenging, but with the advent of homologous rib grafts has shown significance promise.
2. Facial Lesion Removal of nevi lesion in benign black females especially in the group between the ages y 25-50 whose familial back grown is positive for these lesions can be treated with minimal facial scars and without discoloration – using the surgical techniques developed by Dr. Harris.
3. Facial implants using bio-material, Alco med is popular within the HIV community who has shown facial deformities secondary to fibro fatty atrophy has been treated via execution with immediate reconstruction. He has been told by some patients the he is on the only one in the country who has done this procedure.
4. Male pattern baldness is just as pervasive in the Afro American community as it in the rest of society. With the “baldness” in the black community, the demand for hair transplantation is in less demands, but available.
5. Eyelid surgery both upper and lower is available both for therapeutic and cosmetic purposes.
6. Facelift surgery was the one significant procedure that stimulated me to evaluate and attempt to upgrade the treatment of keloids. Fear of abnormal scar formation in afro American community has lead to the avoidance of this procedure. Confidence is treatment for prevention as well as treatment of this dreaded disorder has been monitored by Dr. Harris leading to his patented product.
7. Ear (auricle) surgery secondary to trauma or genetic abnormalities is available.
8. Botox injection for forehead, eyelid wrinkles as well as nasolabial and corner of mouth abnormalities.
9. Other services available are:
a. Cheek augmentation
b. Chin augmentation
d. Dermabrasion of facial lesion and Nasal tip surgery.